Welcome to your Gateway to all things Ampthill
The Website that puts the Spirit back into Community
Ampthill - Past, Present and Future aims to foster community spirit and action by informing, engaging and empowering the residents of Ampthill and the wider community. Truly 'The Big Society' in Practice.
The Family of Ampthill Websites
Ampthill.Info is part of a Family of Key Ampthill Websites that include Ampthill.Biz, , Ampthill Forum, Ampthill History, Ampthill TV, Ampthill Images, Ampthill Video Archive, Ampthill Weather Station, Ampthill Community Safety Group and Ampthill Town Council
Ampthill Noticeboard - Visit to View the Latest Posters
Upcomimg Event Posters: Bedfordshire Walking Festival - Including Ampthill Park (6th to 14th September), Ampthill & District Rotary - Space: The Ampthill Frontier Supper (17th September), Ampthill Festival Fun Dog Show (28th September), Ampthill Mayor's Charity Chinese Meal (20th October), Chums Papper Evening (14th November),
Posters Displaying Various Upcoming Dates: Walk 4 Health, Ampthill Town Council - Councillor Surgeries
Posters Displaying Recurring Events: Badminton (Alameda Sports Hall), Indoor Hockey (Alameda Sports Hall)
Visit Ampthill Noticeboard Page - To get your poster displayed on this page email the poster as a JPEG to email@example.com
Ampthill - Past
Ampthill is a Georgian Town with a rich history that includes the imprisonment of Katherine of Aragon and the fact that the town provided the birthplace to the man that named New York, Colonel Richard Nicolls.
There is little doubt that Ampthill has a more interesting and significant history than most towns of a much larger size. Its inhabitants are rightly proud of its past and are anxious to share their heritage with friends and visitors from further a field.
Explore the town's rich history via:
- Ampthill History - page highlighting some of the town's major historical events
- Ampthill Timeline - a chronological list all the town's major happenings
- A Tour Round the Streets of Ampthill - explore the town's history street by street
Ampthill News via Ampthill.Info on Facebook:
To get your events posted on Ampthill.Info send details and JPEG's of any posters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the Ampthill App on Your Smartphone
The 'Ampthill App' for i-Phone & Android
Download the new 'Ampthill App' for Free. The App initially includes the following:
- Ampthill Events - details of town events straight to your mobile
- Ampthill News & Information - details from the Ampthill.Info Facebook & Twitter pages
- Ampthill Video - YouTube videos from the Ampthill.Info & Ampthill TV channels
- Ampthill Photos - from Flickr, Facebook & TwitPic. Plus the ability to upload your photos of Ampthill to the App via LiveAlbum
- Local News - from Beds On Sunday RSS Stream
Why not take a look!
More features will be introduced over the coming weeks and months
If you want events, news or information promoted via the new up contact Mark Smith at email@example.com
- Find out more about Mark (this site's webmaster, his inspiring fight against Leukaemia and about serving his community in many different capacities (including been Town Mayor) - more details.....
- Feel free to contact me with your problems on 01525 402560 (home) or 01234 354366 (work) or at firstname.lastname@example.org, as even if I can't help I'll probably know someone that can!
- 'Follow' me on Twitter (view my last few tweets in the panel to the right) or become my 'Friend' on Facebook:
Site created by Mark Smith.