Welcome to your Gateway to all things Ampthill
The Website that puts the Spirit back into Community
Ampthill - Past, Present and Future aims to foster community spirit and action by informing, engaging and empowering the residents of Ampthill and the wider community. Truly 'The Big Society' in Practice.
The Family of Ampthill Websites
Ampthill.Info is part of a Family of Key Ampthill Websites that include Ampthill.Biz, Ampthill Forum, Ampthill History, Ampthill TV, Ampthill Images, Ampthill Video Archive, Ampthill Weather Station, Ampthill Community Safety Group and Ampthill Town Council
Ampthill - Past
Ampthill is a Georgian Town with a rich history that includes the imprisonment of Katherine of Aragon and the fact that the town provided the birthplace to the man that named New York, Colonel Richard Nicolls.
There is little doubt that Ampthill has a more interesting and significant history than most towns of a much larger size. Its inhabitants are rightly proud of its past and are anxious to share their heritage with friends and visitors from further a field.
Explore the town's rich history via:
- Ampthill History - page highlighting some of the town's major historical events
- Ampthill Timeline - a chronological list all the town's major happenings
- A Tour Round the Streets of Ampthill - explore the town's history street by street
Ampthill News via Ampthill.Info on Facebook:
- Find out more about Mark (this site's webmaster, his inspiring fight against Leukaemia and about serving his community in many different capacities (including been Town Mayor) - more details.....
- 'Follow' me on Twitter (view my last few tweets in the panel to the right) or become my 'Friend' on Facebook:
Mark Smith's Ampthill Town Councillor Website:
Mark Smith - Home Page
Site created by Mark Smith.