Leisure & Entertainment
Leisure & Entertainment
- Ampthill & Flitwick Dramatic Society - Website: http://ampthillflitwickdramaticsociety.blogspot.com
- Ampthill & District Choral Society - performing choral classics - for more information ring Penny Stimson on 01234 357750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ampthill Singers - performing popular classics and contemporary songs - for more information visit http://ampthillsingers.wordpress.com or email Lynda Kynnersley at email@example.com
- Ampthill Town Band - Website: www.ampthilltownband.co.uk
- Ampthill Orchestra - Website: www.ampthillorchestra.co.uk
- Queen's Head Public House (General Knowledge) - Wednesday - Woburn Street
- Ossory Public House (General Knowledge) - Ocassional Thursdays - Arthur Street, Ampthill
- Engine and Tender Public House - Dunstable Street - Occasional Quizzes
- Wingfield Club (General Knowledge) - Sunday - Church Street, Ampthill
- The Pheasant, Bedford (Jon's Pop Quiz - www.jonkutner.com), Kimbolton Road, Bedford - Sunday
- White Horse Public House (General Knowledge - www.whitehorsebedford.co.uk), 84 Newnham Avenue, Bedford
- Bedfordshire Quizzes - www.pubquizhelp.com/quiz/bedfordshire.html
Why not read the 'After the Fire' Trilogy of novels by local author John Lockley. The books detail life in Ampthill following a plague, which has wiped out most of humanity. Ampthill serves as the backdrop to these sci-fi novels, much in the style of the B.B.C's 'Survivors' series, made in the 1970's & re-imagined in 2008.
John Lockley has been GP since 1976 and this trilogy of books is published by Word Publishing, 9 Holdom Avenue, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England MK41 1QR. They are available via Dr John Lockley's website.
- Cineworld (Bedford, Milton Keynes & Luton) - www.cineworld.co.uk
- Odeon (Milton Keynes) - www.odeon.co.uk
- Milton Keynes Theatre - www.miltonkeynestheatre.com
- Bedford Corn Exchange - www.bedfordcornexchange.co.uk
- Grove Theatre (Dunstable) - www.grovetheatre.co.uk
- Publicity of activities.
- Community Hall.
- Youth Club.
- Skateboard Park.
- Expand directory of local organisations on the website.
- Produce a booklet on local organisations, clubs and social groups.
- Investigate provision of refurbishing or replacing the Parkside Hall and Nottingham Rooms.
- Investigate the options available for establishing a Youth Club.
THE VISION FOR THE FUTURE
- An active community with modern recreational and sporting facilities.
- The town supports the refurbishing or replacement of the Parkside Hall and Nottingham Rooms.